The Regional Venues Improvement Fund (RVIF) is part of the State Government's $24 million Royalties for Regions investment in culture and the arts.
The RVIF aims to assist regional Local Government Authorities (LGAs) and eligible not-for-profit culture and arts organisations to improve the quality and sustainability of performing arts and entertainment venues in regional areas across Western Australia.
Specifically, the RVIF’s objectives are to:
- improve the quality of performing arts and cultural infrastructure in WA regional performing arts and entertainment venues; and
- strengthen the capacity and effectiveness of regional WA performing arts and entertainment venues to deliver culture and the arts services to the Western Australian community.
An eligible venue is located in regional WA, primarily delivers performing arts and entertainment services, and has the capacity to receive performing arts touring productions.
2016 RVIF funding categories are:
- Minor Technical Equipment Upgrades
- Major Technical Equipment Upgrades
- Venue Functional Upgrades
The 2016 round of Regional Venues Improvement Fund has now closed. See the Key Dates Calendar for when the 2017 round will open.