Individuals and Group Applications
Individuals or groups of individuals are eligible provided they are:
- Australian citizens or have Australian permanent resident status
- Western Australian residents (which is defined as being resident in Western Australia for at least 12 months prior to making the application)
- not a DCA staff member. Staff of DCA portfolio organisations may be eligible to apply. For further information refer to the Department of Culture and the Arts’ Code of Conduct and discuss your application with the Senior Project Officer, Designer Fashion before preparing your application.
Groups of individual fashion designers who join together informally to undertake projects may also apply. Either one individual from a group or an incorporated association as a third party must be nominated to take legal and financial responsibility for any funding.
Businesses and Organisations
Small businesses, local government authorities and legally constituted, not-for-profit organisations are eligible to apply for projects that benefit designers residing in WA and the WA designer fashion sector. Where the applicant is from outside Western Australia, these benefits must be clearly identified.
Auspiced applications are when an application is made on behalf of another. The application should be made in the name of the auspice body and clearly identify who will actually be undertaking the project. The application must also use the auspice body’s Australian Business Number (ABN) and GST details. A copy of the agreement between the auspice body and those undertaking a project must be included with the application. An example of an auspice agreement is provided with the Designer Fashion Application Package.
Applications will be ineligible if they:
- request total cost to be covered by DCA. DCA will not fund 100% of the project. Budgets must include in-kind or cash income from other sources. This may be in the form of self-contribution, sales, sponsorship or other funding.
- have any personnel with overdue acquittals from previous DCA/ArtsWA grants. This applies to applicants and all participating members.
- are submitted late, or are submitted by email or fax. Applications must be hand-delivered of posted and must be received or postmarked before 5pm on the relevant closing date.
- request funds for retrospective activity. Applications that request funds for an activity starting before the category’s stated commencement date of which are for activity already completed will not be accepted.
- requests funds for the purchase of capital equipment. This includes instruments, equipment, software, computers and uniforms
- request funds for capital works. For example, applications for funds for the establishment of studios are not eligible
- request funds for fundraising, competitions, prizes and trophies. Projects where there are significant benefits to WA designers may be eligible, however DCA will not contribute towards expenditure on prizes.
- request funds for the work of other state or federal government departments or the work of other portfolio agencies of DCA (including organisations directly funded by portfolio agencies)
- request funds for activities that are curriculum development based or used for academic assessment.
All applicants must have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or proof that the applicant is not subject to Pay As You Go (PAYG) withholding tax in accordance with Australian Taxation Office requirements.