Your application will be assessed by the Designer Fashion Panel against the following assessment criteria:
1. Artistic Merit
In assessing artistic merit the Panel supports activities that:
- nurture distinctive design
- develop the creative skills of WA designers, and/or
- involve personnel with the expertise to deliver the project’s objectives.
2. Commercial Merit
In assessing commercial merit the Panel supports activities that:
- develop commercial potential
- develop business skills and market knowledge
- assist in the development of markets for WA designer fashion locally, nationally and internationally
- encourages financial self-sufficiency
- addresses issues of sustainability.
3. Good Planning
In assessing good planning the panel supports activities that include:
- achievable, realistic objectives and outcomes
- commercial and marketing strategies
- a sound process to critically review and evaluate outcomes
- project outcomes which work towards the applicant’s broader goals for their business and creative development
- evidence of the timeliness and relevance to the applicant’s career
- evidence of community, and/or industry need and support.
4. Financial Responsibility
In assessing financial responsibility the panel supports activities that include:
- accurate and comprehensive costing
- efficient use of resources
- reasonable rates of pay for fashion designers and other project participants
- confirmed or anticipated support from other funding sources.