05 Jul 2011
Following the release of the Department of Culture and the Arts' Creating Value Policy last year, DCA announced a number of priority projects to be delivered in 2010 - 2012.
Supporting the Department's public value principles of creativity and engagement, the projects focus on achieving outcomes in the areas of Creative People, Creative Communities, Creative Economies and Creative Environments.
The Department is pleased to release its 12-month progress report.
The report details a number of projects and their progress, including:
- Signature of a new memorandum of understand for the State Government's Percent for Art Scheme between DCA and the Department of Treasury and Finance.
- Delivery of X|Media|Lab, that attracted more than 350 delegates.
- Delivery of strategy and governance training workshops for Chairs and CEOs at which over 70 per cent of the key organisations were represented.
- Completion of the first stage of a funding process review and a pilot of the Ecology Map
- Receipt of over $3million worth of applications to Australia's first Philanthropy Incentive Program
- Implementation of the Solid Arts website to provide free legal advice to Indigenous artists, and
- An implementation plan with the Department of Regional Development and Lands for a $1.25million performing arts touring boost for the regions.
For information on DCA's priority projects, please download the full report. (pdf)