The King Street Arts Centre is located at 365 Murray Street, Perth. Munster House having been originally built in the early 1900s Munster House was extensively refurbished in the late 1990s to establish what is now known as the King Street Arts Centre.
The Kings Street Arts Centre is a home for arts and cultural organisations representing a blend of your, regional, community and professional arts activity and practice.
These organisations include;
- Ausdance Western Australia
- Community Arts Network WA (CANWA)
- Contemporary Dance Company of Western Australia
- Country Arts WA
- Performing Lines
- West Australian Youth Theatre Company (WAYTC)
There are two Meeting Rooms and a ground floor Foyer located within the King Street Art Centre available for bookings by arts organisations and private companies.
- Small Meeting Room; Capacity for 10 – 12 people. This room is 6.1 x 3.6 meters in size and includes 2 tables, 14 chairs, and a whiteboard.
- Large Meeting Room; Capacity for 80 people. This room is 11.5 x 8.5 meters in size and includes 5 tables, 60 chairs, whiteboard and lighting tracks.
- Ground Floor Foyer; Suitable for 80 - 120 people. The Foyer is available for hire 8am - 4pm for exhibitions and 4pm - 9pm for both exhibitions and events.
Please refer to the King Street Art Centre Booking Guidelines for more information including conditions of use, fees, venue details and maps.
To book a meeting room or the Foyer, please click the 'Book Now' button below.
There are three Dance Studios also within the King Street Arts Centre. All three studios have sprung dance floors (second floor) and are also available for hire.
These studios are managed by Ausdance, for further information on availability of booking please contact Ausdance direct on (08) 9322 6101.
The building is managed and maintained by the Department of Culture and the Arts, State Government of Western Australia.